Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Brilliant Creator

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,4 what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?

Psalm 8:3-4



I did something this past weekend that I have wanted to do for a very long time. I hung a hammock! Once I laid down in it I began to look at all of God's creation around me. The trees and the brush and the grass. I listened to the birds sing, watched the sky and the clouds move. It made me feel somewhat insignificant thinking about the vastness of creation. God is so amazing though when you think about how creation is so perfect. How we have light and darkness, rain and shine, the processes of our environment that work so perfect and complex that only God himself could come up. A song I have recently learned has a line that says nothing is greater, brilliant creator, friend of mine. How true that nothing is greater than God and His brilliance but yet He still pursues us.

No comments: