Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Living Intentionally

The idea of intentional living has been resonating in my heart for a few weeks. Intentional meaning that in the things that I say, the things I do and the way I portray myself all point towards Christ. I do it intentionally. I have never been a very outgoing person so this can be difficult. To be intentional you have to put yourself out there. Open yourself to rejection and seclusion from friends. But on the other hand you could plant a seed in someone that may not have been planted had you not been intentional with the gospel. So this has been weighing heavily on me for a while and I finally made my first step. Nothing major but at band practice some people hanging out downtown heard us playing and asked to come in. We played for them and as they were walking out I invited them to church. I felt burdened to do it. Not in a bad way but it weighed heavy on my heart to speak to them. It was kind of a rush though :) So here goes being intentional...this may be fun.

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

2 comments:

Kimberly. said...

Wow. Very good blog.
I really needed that!

I had a blast tonight.. Good to just get out of the house! :D
Eventually we'll kill that goliath! haha.

Kimberly. said...

Hahahaha! Roscoe was pretty freaked out as well!! :)