Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Prayer Request

I would like to ask for anybody that reads this to remember by brother in prayer. Michael and I have a long history and at one time he actually wasn't my brother. We first met in the 2nd grade playing ball together. We later became best friends in the 5th grade and stayed that way until we were about 16. Michael's past is full of tragedy and confusion and I'm just thankful that he has come out of it with a good head on his shoulders. Michael had always joked about coming to live with us one day when finally one night he called and asked if he actually could. Long story short, michael had family issues that he and his twin brother needed to get away from and knowing that, we accepted. Michael's dad forfeitted his parental rights and my parents became his legal gaurdians. Hence, we are now brothers. Fast forward to now. Michael is going through a bad divorce from his wife. She has just given birth to their daughter and Michael rarely gets to see her. We talked for a while the other day about how hard it was for him to not be able to see her when he wanted to and his wife is making things even more difficult according to him. My heart really goes out to him. I come from a divorced family and know the effects it will have on the child but I can't imagine what he is going through now. I was reminded of our message a few weeks ago about how the gospel can transform even the most jacked up of relationships. I think about all the relationships that are going to be jacked up because of this divorce. Michael's relationship to his wife, to his daughter, to God, to the rest of his family. His wife's relationship to him. His daughter's relationship to him. So many people are affected by this and I just pray that somehow michael could see the redeeming power of the gospel through all of this. I'm trying to get him to come to visit NCCd with us but more than that, I'm trying to show him a non-judgemental, loving attitude from a person who just wants to see him make it through ok. I want him to know that Jesus is our rescuer and he can rescue him from even this. So all that to say would you please pray for michael and his family.

1 comment:

Heath said...

Definitely in prayer for him and for you and your family as well.