Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bringing up boys

I just wanted to share an exert from a book I've been reading by Dr. James Dobson titled Bringing Up Boys.

"We as parents are raising the next generation of men who will either lead with honor and integrity or abandon every good thing they have inherited, They are the bridges to the future. Nations that are populated largely by immature, immoralm weak-willedm cowardly, and self-indulgent men cannot and will not long endure. These types of men include those who sire and abandon their children; who cheat on their wives, who lie, steal, and covet; who hate their countrymen; and who serve no god but money. That is the direction culture is taking today's boys. We must make the necessary investment to counter these influences and to build within our boys lasting qualities of character, self-discipline, respect for authority, commitment to the truthm a belief in the work ethic, and an unshakable love for Jesus Christ."

I take a lot of pride in raising my children especially my son right now since he is old enough to understand what I teach him. I hope that fathers who read this would be encouraged to make the necessay investment in their sons lives if they have not already.

No comments: