Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lessons Learned

A week has past since i almost lost my little girl. I feel like a new man now, changed forever by the events that occured just days prior. I've realized that the things that I took for granted just weeks ago are the things that I long for now. To be woken in the middle of the night by a crying baby, to change dirty diaper after dirty diaper. To have to put something of mine on hold to spend time with my daughter. I read the news and am utterly disgusted with the news of parents who choose to end the lives of their children while I sit here begging, yearning for the day when I can hold mine again. God has taught me a few things that I hope will be forever engraved in my heart when we leave here. One being that no matter how much I want to be, I am not in control. God is in total control of the universe, the earth and the sun and for some reason, my frail and minuscule, sinful life. This brings my love and adoration of him to completely new place. Secondly, that life really is but a vapor. God is the giver and taker of life under his good and perfect will and I am not one to question his reasoning. Thirdly, that I serve an amzing God who is still in the business of working miracles today. He is the same today as he was yesterday and will be the same tomorrow. And for that alone I would be forever grateful. We are almost out of the woods and Christ Jesus gets all the credit. Thank you Father, I don't deserve it but you choose to work this in my life out of your love for me. I may never get that but at least now I appreciate it so much more.

2 comments:

cbh1981 said...

Brooks,
Courtney Jones (now Hester) here. I have enjoyed reading your bloggs. I rejoice greatly in your salvation. It is so encouraging to learn of past aquaintances hoping in the Lord Jesus. We are members of the same body. As I read your bloggs, you sound very grounded in God's word. This is sorely lacking in our day and time. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have faced with your daughter. My oldest son had RSV at about 3 months of age and was in the hospital on a ventilator for about 3 wks. I can completely understand what you have been going through. I will begin to pray for your daughter and family. May you trust in God's sovereignty and sufficiency.

Brooks said...

Hey Courtney, it's good to hear from you! I'm glad you've enjoyed reading this and glad to hear of your faith in Jesus as well. Thank you for your continued prayers for my daughter. It looks like she will be coming home soon.